The dedication service for the 1906 Mineral Baptist Church building has been set for Sunday, Nov. 10 at 2 p.m.
The building has recently undergone a major renovation by the Mineral Historic Foundation in honor of Dr. A. Gaynelle Whitlock, who was the founder and inspiration behind the Mineral Historic Foundation.
The service will also include the first showing of a video that honors the work and memory of Whitlock, as well as tells the story of Mineral and the history of the church, which was the second church to be erected in the mining town. At the service, the keys to the structure, which had been used by the Mineral Historic Foundation for a decade, will be returned to the adjacent Mineral Baptist Church.
Refreshments will be served on the church lawn following the program.
For more information, contact Alison Tyler at (540) 894-5451.