Those who earned less than $51,000 in 2012 are eligible to have their taxes done at no cost through IRS certified volunteers at UVA Community Credit Union, and, possibly qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit for up to $5,800.
Free tax preparation is being provided at the UVA Community Credit Union Zion Crossroads and Town of Louisa branch locations from Jan. 22 through April 15. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Appointments are required. To make an appointment, call (434) 964-2001 and bring the following items to the appointment:
• Government issued photo identification
• Valid social security cards or ITIN numbers and birth dates for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents.
• If married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present
• All wage and income income statements for 2012 (i.e. W-2, W-2G, 1099-R forms, 1099-INT, 1099-G etc.)
• Proof of day-care expenses paid in 2012 (including provider’s name, address and federal ID number)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available.
• For direct deposited refunds, please have bank account and routing numbers available. (Voided check preferable)
The Earn it. Keep it. Save it. program is brought to you by the Thomas Jefferson Area Earned Income Tax Credit Coalition and is sponsored by UVA Community Credit Union.