Louisa’s Police Blotter
* The following is a partial listing of calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of March 31 through April 6
• Grand larceny – James Madison Highway, Gordonsville. An LG Optima cell phone with no assigned phone number and an SD card were stolen from a residence.
• Petit larceny – Three Notch Road, Louisa. A Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles issued license plate was stolen from the rear of a vehicle parked at a residence.
• Grand larceny – East First Street, Mineral. A Gateway laptop was stolen from an individual.
• Grand larceny – Elwood Lane, Bumpass. A female is suspected of stealing firearms valued at $250 from the residence.
• Grand larceny – Lindsay Road, Gordonsville. A suspect allegedly stole a Lazer skill saw porter cable, 16 and 18 gauge nail guns, a Craftsman 18-volt cordless drill, hammer drill, home and auto speakers, contractor shop vacuum and a pancake compressor porter cable from a residence.
• Petit larceny – Davis Highway, Mineral. A Samsung S4 mini was stolen from an individual.
• Breaking and entering – Zion Road, Zion Crossroads. Two females were issued emergency protective orders when a male tried to break into their home. Two wooden doors and the frame, with locking mechanisms, were damaged during the attempt.
• Grand larceny – Shannon Hill Road, Louisa. A RUUD heat pump circa 1990, was stolen from a residence.
• Grand larceny – Cedar Hill Road, Mineral. A heat pump and copper piping were stolen from a residence. A basement door was also damaged. Total theft and damage is estimated at more than $6,000.
• Larceny – Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads. Stolen from a business were five 8×10 canvasses, 32 ounce of Windex, a 12-pack of acrylic paint, three packages of bacon, a 12-pack acrylic paint brush set, three nylon craft paint brushes, a jar of Mountain Ridge Honey, 10 containers of large craft paint and six small containers of craft paint.
• Grand larceny – Signboard Road, Bumpass. An original 1969 Mustang Mach 1 hood and an upright freezer were stolen from a shop. Damage was done to the metal shop door and the exterior door dead bolt and key lock.
• Grand larceny – Louisa Road, Gordonsville. A Blue Murray 36-inch cut lawnmower was stolen from the porch of a home.
• Concealment/larceny – Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads. Assorted boys and girls clothing were stolen from a business.
• Vandalism – Johnson Road, Mineral. A vehicle valued at $600 was damaged.
• Grand larceny – Signboard Road, Bumpass. A Snap On and Miller brand welder, plasma cutter, various hand tools and a door were stolen from a residence.
• Vandalism – Davis Highway, Mineral. Louisa County Sheriff’s Office obtained prints from the grill of a vehicle believed to have been vandalized.
* The following is a partial listing of the calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of March 18 through March 24
• Grand larceny – Jefferson Highway, Louisa. Several items were stolen from a residence including a 2004 utility trailer, a Steam Genie pressure washer and a 300 gallon water tank.
• Grand larceny and destruction of property – Ridgemont Drive, Louisa. Damage to a vehicle and items stolen from inside the home were an iPhone 5C, a Sony kicker amp, Infiniti 12-inch car speakers and a Mazda three-car key with chip.
• Destruction of property – Clubhouse Way, Zion Crossroads and Industrial Drive, Louisa. A single juvenile is suspected of damaging two separate properties. Three bathrooms suffered damaged estimated at $5,000. Also damaged was a set of plates, one set of wine glasses and one set of table linens, each valued at $250. A screen projector, two speakers and two computers were damaged at an estimate of $1,500, and three clear plastic cups were found on the property. One cup had red paint inside.
• Breaking and entering and destruction of property – 18000 block of Louisa Road, Louisa. Four dollars in quarters and 5,000 wheat pennies were stolen from a business, and there was damage to a deadbolted white pane glass door and pry marks were found on the frame.
• Grand larceny – Louisa Road, Louisa. Stolen from a residence were two pearl rings, one opal ring and one 1973 St. Mary’s College black onyx class ring valued at $600, along with an 18 carat gold bracelet in the design of a horse bit valued at $1,000 and two DVD’s containing video interviews.
• Embezzlement – Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads. Seventy dollars in cash was stolen from a business and $1,350 was charged to Walmart credit cards.
• Grand larceny, burglary forced entry and destruction of property – Three Notch Road, Troy. Stolen from a business was $1,000 in cash and four two-door file cabinets, four four-door file cabinets were damaged, while evidence was collected from items left behind.
• Destruction of property – Buckner Road, Bumpass. Damage to vehicles at a residence.
• Drug complaint – Doe Court, Gum Spring. Four smoking devices, five various rolling papers and a burgundy bag were found.
• Grand larceny and breaking and entering – Cooke Place, Mineral. A Kobalt two gallon/135psi air compressor was stolen from a residence.
• Fraud – River Bend Drive, Bumpass. Money totalling $978.69 was taken from a bank account.
• Grand larceny – Fox Road, Gum Spring. A Honda dirt bike with a red/silver frame was stolen from a residence.
* The following is a partial listing of the calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of March 10 through March 16.
Destruction of property-Rock Quarry Road, Louisa; A vehicle was scratched on all four sides, along with the hood.
Possession of marijuana-West Chapel Drive, Bumpass; Law enforcement found one marijuana smoking bong, one grinder, a pick, one pill box, tweezers, a bottle of fireball whiskey and one pill bottle containing green leafy plant-like material.
Larceny-Spring Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads; One box of Fentanyl containing five patches of 100MCG/Hour stolen from a medical clinic.
Petit larceny-Bibb Store Road, Louisa; A firearm valued at $150 was stolen from a vehicle.
Grand larceny-Cedar Hill Road, Mineral; Stolen from a vehicle and building were one black purse with red, black and white vertical stripes with contents, wedding band valued at $400, various audio compact discs valued at $3,750, a man’s ring valued at $200, a man’s watch valued at $580, two chains valued at $425, a cameo brooch valued at $200, a pendant with a ruby setting valued at $175, $8,000 in one hundred dollar bills, $2 in loose change and various keys to vehicles, motorcyles and residence.
Grand larceny-Wickham Road, Bumpass; Stolen from a residence was a Green 10.1 MP Moultrie digital game camera, Master lock Python model in camouflage, and a SD memory card.
Disorder/domestic-weapons-Jefferson Highway, Bumpass; Assault and battery of a family member, destruction of a sliding glass door and an abduction charge as a result of preventing a child to go to neighbors to call police.
Attempt to locate-Columbia Road, Zion Crossroads; One glass jar with green plant-like material, multicolor smoking device, yellow and clear smoking device, 12.4 grams green plant-like material, 24.5 grams of green plant-like material, burned joints with plant-like material and white paper roll also with plant-like material.
Suspicious activity-Pendleton Road, Mineral; Routine investigation at a business in the 200 block of Pendleton.
Drug investigation-Davis Highway, Mineral; Confiscated one silver colored marijuana pipe.
Breaking entering-Dan Hall Road, Mineral; Several items were stolen from a residence including a Norelco hair clipper kit with attachments, grey cat with white face and chest, Ipod Touch 160GB, black Otter box case for Ipod, one LG smartphone, a 4×6 notebook, beige carpet that was stored in garage, three-quarter-inch pre-finished oak hardwood flooring, three-eight inch swivel impact metric socket set and other various tools and keys to two separate vehicles.
Vandalism-Windyknight Road, Montpelier; Damage to a residential picture window.
Vandalism- Mineral Avenue, Mineral; two car tires valued at $100 were damaged.
Vandalism-Ellis Road, Montpelier; damage to vehicle estimated at $500.
Petit larceny-Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads; one pair of shoes valued at $20 stolen from a business.
Petit larceny-Mineral Avenue, Mineral; Two different Department of Motor Vehicles license plates stolen from business.
Breaking and entering-Clubhouse Way, Zion Crossroads; destruction of residential property in the 100 block of Clubhouse Way in the Spring Creek subdivision.
Grand larceny-Roundabout Road, Louisa. One Golden Eagle compound bow, a grinder and a small lightweight welder were stolen from a residence.
* The following is a partial listing of calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of March 4 through March 9
• Fraud – Waldrop Church Road, Louisa. Four-hundred dollars was obtained by fraudulent means.
• Petit larceny – Crewsville Road, Bumpass. Three bottles of prescription medication stolen.
• Fraud – Byrd Mill Road, Louisa. A victim’s Medicaid information was given to an unknown caller.
• Petit larceny – Midway Lane, Louisa. Two social security cards and a Virginia driver’s license were stolen from two victims.
• Drug investigation – Laurel Drive, Mineral. Found 0.005 grams of marijuana and one metal smoking device.
• Breaking and entering – South Spotswood Trail, Gordonsville. One container full of coins, one jewelry box containing miscellanous jewelry and one Indian Head coin necklace were stolen from a residence.
• Grand larceny – Butcher Lane, Mineral. A recreational vehicle was stolen.
• Hit and run – Shannon Hill Road, Louisa. Unknown vehicle damaged a yard.
• Fraud – Davis Highway, Mineral. Identity fraud reported.
• Destruction of property – Fredericks Hall Road, Mineral. Sixty feet of barbed wire fence and 10 fence posts were destroyed by a vehicle.
• Shoplifting – Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads. It was reported that a suspect tried to leave a business without paying for 21 items.
• Shoplifting – Lake Front Drive, Mineral. A pair of winter collection gloves and a roll of auto duct tape were stolen from a business.
• Grand larceny – Market Street, Zion Crossroads. A motor vehicle valued at $3,000 was stolen.
The following is a partial listing of the calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of Feb. 25 through March 4.
• Suspicious activity – Castle Park Lane, Mineral. Dispatch received a call reporting suspicious activity at 10:40 p.m.
• Grand larceny – Chopping Road, Mineral. One heat pump stolen from a residence.
• Petit larceny – Davis Highway, Mineral. Black Kevin Durant Nike shoes with blue tongue and neon green Nike check stolen.
• Grand larceny – Davis Highway, Mineral. Stolen were five $1 bills in a plastic bag, a black Nike bag with a white Nike check, a blue Hollister hoodie, black and white Oreo Jordans, a pair of 10 1/2 to 11 size Sperry shoes, an iPhone 5 with a blue case and a black pair of Beats audio headphones.
• Credit card theft – Various locations in Louisa. A victim’s credit card was stolen and ATM withdrawals total more than $2,000.
• Forgery/Fraud/Embezzle – Waltons Store Road, Louisa. A person impersonated being a law enforcement officer and obtained money under false pretenses.
• Grand larceny – Redbud Drive, Louisa. Prescription medications stolen from a residence included 25 Percocet tablets in the prescription bottle and 60 blood pressure medicine tablets.
• Grand larceny – Lams Drive, Gordonsville. One Apple IPad stolen from the residence.
• Breaking and entering – North Bluewater Boulevard, Mineral. Stolen from the residence was two magazines for a .223, one steel magazine for a .223, two .22 magazines with one being tan the other black, one Pelican gun case, a scope, one Black Hawk vertical grip, a Pittsburg Penguins Jersey autographed by Mario Lameux, and five firearms.
• Petit larceny – Russell Avenue, Mineral. Two vehicle tags were stolen from a vehicle parked at the residence.
* The following is a partial listing of the calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of Feb. 18 through Feb. 24
• Grand larceny – John Lane, Louisa. $900 of firearms, $18,000 worth of jewerly and bank checks were stolen from a residence.
• Destruction of property – 300 block of Industrial Drive, Louisa. One Kioti 6010 4×4 tractor had the rear corner glass broken.
• Forgery/Fraud/Embezzle – Valentine Mill Road, Louisa. Victim’s name was used to open an account with Dish Network owing over a $1,000. Authorities were able to clear the investigation.
• Grand larceny – Gibson Drive, Mineral. Various tools totalling more than $1,000 stolen from a vehicle parked at the residence.
• Grand larceny – Holder Avenue, Mineral. Two GPS units, a two ton floor jack, jumper cables and custom pool cue were stolen from a vehicle parked at a residence.
• Narcotics/drug complaint – Camp Creek Parkway, Zion Crossroads. Located were four small bags of cocaine and one small bad of cream colored rock like substance.
• Narcotics/drug complaint – Davis Highway, Mineral. Louisa County Sheriff’s Office located two blue and one while 50 milligram capsules with imprint S489. Per the Poison Control Center the capsules were identified as Vivance Schedule II drugs. Authorities were able to clear the investigation.
• Narcotics/drug complaint – Davis Highway, Mineral. Located by LCSO one round salmmon colored pill with imprint 029 and three while capsules with two bluish/green rings and an imprint of PLIVA 647.
• Impersonating a law enforcement officer – Jefferson Highway, Bumpass.
• Destruction of property – Bethany Church Road, Bumpass. Damage of approximately $5,000 to floors of the residence and $600 damage to the wall mounted heating and air conditioning unit.
• Breaking and entering – Buckner Road, Bumpass. One heat pump stolen from residence.
* The following is a partial listing of the calls handled by the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office during the week of Jan. 21 through Feb. 3
• Breaking and entering – Zachary Taylor Highway, Mineral. One Pioneer six disc CD changer, 11-inch survival knife, 11-inch straight blade knife with wooden handle and a change jar containing approximately $75 in cash and coins stolen from the residence.
• Vandalism – Knightons Road, Montpelier. Four plastic mailboxes and wooden posts, along with a private driveway sign, were damaged by unknown persons.
• Grand larceny – James Madison Highway, Zion Crossroads. One 26-inch Sansui television, 42-inch Sansui television, 200 watt Sony stereo and a Samsung home theater system were stolen from a residence.
• Grand larceny – Becker Lane, Mineral. 22 methodone tablets and 54 oxycodone tablets stolen from a residence.
• Breaking and entering – Yanceyville Road, Louisa. One door valued at $100 stolen.
• Forging coin and bank notes – East Main Street, Louisa. A counterfeit $20 bill was discovered when a business made a deposit to the bank. There are currently no suspects or arrests pending.
• Vandalism – Chopping Road, Mineral. One mailbox damaged.
• Breaking and entering – Three Notch Road, Louisa. One wood frame metal door stolen.
• Forgery/Fraud/Embezzle – Paynes Mill Road, Bumpass. Sixty-one dollars was taken from a business.
• Grand larceny – Zion Road, Troy. One 4” x 4” sterling silver trophy (box style) engraved with “Proud Delta” was stolen from a residence.
• Aggravated sexual battery – McDonald Street, Louisa.
• Larceny – Briar Circle, Bumpass. Two four foot stove pipes were stolen from MDG Contracting and Design.
• Destruction of property – Briar Circle, Bumpass. Two automobiles were vandalized at a residence.
• Manufacturing, selling or possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication – James Madison Highway, Zion Crossroads.
• Larceny – East Main Street, Louisa. One T-Bone steak, one Porter House steak and two containers of oysters were stolen from Food Lion.
• Reports of altercations – Mica Road, Mineral. Resulted in crimes of destruction of property, use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony, abuse and/or neglect of children, attempted robbery, aggravated malicious wounding and unlawfully, or maliciously discharging, shooting or firing into an occupied dwelling.
• Breaking and entering – Signboard Road, Bumpass. Approximately $400, an old style cash register with unknown amount of cash inside, glass eye lens and half of an eye glass frame were stolen from a residence.
• Destruction of property – Waldrop Church Road, Louisa. Kitchen/dining room drywall and a kitchen cabinet door were damaged.
• Petit larceny – Branch Lane, Zion Crossroads. A debit card, $49, three two dollar bills, social security card and bank checks were stolen from a residence.