The Louisa County Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2013 Business Person of the Year Award.
Individuals may be nominated for this honor that meet the outlined qualifications. Applications should be filled out completely and submitted by 5 p.m. on Feb. 22.
The Business Person of the Year Award is given not only to recognize the recipient’s success in business, but also for their leadership and involvement in the community through other valuable ways.
The contender must:
• Be a community leader who is a Chamber member in a Louisa County business
• Participates in increasing job opportunities
• Offer a potential for economic growth through his/her business (Does not have to own the business)
• Gives back to the community through civic involvement.
The chamber will honor a submitter’s requests for anonymity; however, the executive director will need to know the name and contact information of the person making the nomination in the event we need to follow up to gather additional information.
Nominations may be submitted to the Chamber Office using the following methods:
• E-mail information to firstname.lastname@example.org and type BPOY in the subject line.
• Mail to Louisa Chamber of Commerce, Attn: BPOY, P.O. Box 955, Louisa, VA 23093
• Drop application off in person at the Chamber Office, which is located on the second floor of the Sargeant Museum, at 214 Fredericksburg Ave., Louisa, VA 23093
For additional information, contact Deana Meredith, executive director, at (540) 967-0944, or e-mai email@example.com
The chosen recipient will be honored at the chamber’s 29th annual BPOY Award Dinner at Shenandoah Crossing Resort on Thursday, March 28.