Louisa County High School will host a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) night from 5 until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 19 in the cafeteria.
The FAFSA form is used to determine the amount of money a family is expected to contribute to the price of their student attending college. The results are used in determining student grants, work study and loan amounts. It is necessary for college bound students.
To fill out the FAFSA form, both parents and students will need to bring:
• Social security numbers
• Alien registration numbers, if you are not a U.S. citizen
• Most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned
• Bank statements and records of investments
• Records of untaxed income
• A federal student aid PIN to sign electronically. Both student and parent need a PIN. If you do not already have one, visit www.pin.ed.gov to obtain one.
For more information, contact Chelsey Ward, LCHS college advisor at (540) 894-5436, or firstname.lastname@example.org.