Details for PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE LOUISA COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
The Louisa County Planning Commission will meet and conduct public hearings on the following items at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 8, 2021, in the Louisa County Office Building, Public Meeting Room, Main Floor, 1 Woolfolk Avenue, Louisa, Virginia.
Amendment to the Louisa County Ordinance, Chapter 86 Land Development Regulations
The following property owners request an amendment to Section 86-501 Districts described of Chapter 86 Land Development Regulations to amend the existing Yanceyville Agricultural and Forestal District, as follows:
OWNER’S NAME TAX MAP PARCEL # ACREAGE
Joshua 19 LLC 70-51 96.708
The proposed district addition is located on the southwest side of Route 644 (Mt. Airy). The property is approximately 0.83 miles from one of the five land areas that make up the Yanceyville Agricultural and Forestal District located on the west side of Route 683 (Parrish Road), south of Route 640 (W. Old Mountain Road).
In accordance with Section 15.2-4307 of the State Code of Virginia –
• an application for a district or an addition has been filed with the program administrator;
• the application will be on file open to public inspection in the office of the clerk of the local governing body;
• any owner of additional qualifying land may join the application within thirty days from the date of the notice or, with the consent of the local governing body, at any time before the public hearing the local governing body must hold on the application;
• any owner who joined in the application may withdraw his land, in whole or in part, by written notice filed with the local governing body, at any time before the local governing body acts pursuant to § 15.2-4309; and
• additional qualifying lands may be added to an already created district at any time upon separate application pursuant to this chapter;
Adjacent and area property owners who would like to join the proposed districts are invited to do so by contacting the Community Development Department at the above address within thirty (30) days of this notice or with consent of the local governing body. This district will be subject to public review and hearings with the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors, through separate notice.
Additional information and copies of the above files and ordinance text amendments are available for review in the Community Development Department, Main Floor, Louisa County Office Building, Louisa, Virginia during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or by calling (540) 967-3430. The full text of the proposed ordinance amendments may also be reviewed on the Louisa County website at www.louisacounty.com.
BY ORDER OF:
LOUISA COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Holly Reynolds, Chairman
A draft regional housing plan was released to the public, including a number of recommendations for affordable rental and ownership options in Louisa.
Regional Area Events
- Louisa Police Chief leaving, plans sheriff run in Loudoun County
- Passion for pickleball
- What do you like about Louisa?
- 108! Byers looks back on more than a century
- Louisa adds six new streets for golf cart usage
- Melvin Levi (Lee) Boles Jr.
- Frances Davis Johnson
- Ellen Frances McMillan Distefano
- Robert Alfred Goodwin, Sr.
- Darryl Harris Holt