Louisa County Public Schools will begin its Summer Meals Program starting Tuesday, June 11 through Wednesday, July 31.
Meals are provided to all children at no charge and are the same for all regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of meal service. Meals will be provided on a first-come first-serve basis.
Listed below are the meal sites for the LC Community Cafe Mobile Meals program for Summer 2019. The sites will be open five days a week (except where noted) around lunchtime. Meals will not be served on July 4 or July 5 at any of the sites.
• Louisa County Library (Open only on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday)
• Six-0-Five Village, Willis Proffitt Rd., Mineral -12:15 p.m. through 12:45 p.m.
• Jouett Square Apartments, 301 Lyde Ave., Louisa.- 1:15 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.
• Louisa Town Park, 108 Meadow Ave., Louisa – 12:30 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.
• Trevilians Elementary School, 2035 South Spotswood Trail, Louisa – 11:45 a.m. until 12:15 p.m.
• Mineral Trailer Park, 300 Zachary Taylor Hwy., – 11:30 a.m. until noon.
Meals will also be provided to students during the Summer School Program June 17 through July 18 at Louisa County Middle School, where breakfast will be served between 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.
During Summer School, breakfast will be served at Thomas Jefferson Elementary School from 8:15 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. and lunch will be offered from 11:15 a.m. until 11:40 a.m.
The meals program is made possible due to grants and funding from No Kid Hungry and The Dairy Alliance. Last year, the school division was able to serve more than 6,500 meals.
In addition to meals, the school division will offer various fun activities at the meal sites throughout the summer, and thanks to the generosity and compassion of volunteers, books, technology lessons and more will be offered at various times during the summer.
If you have any questions, call (540) 894-5115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also text the word FOOD to 877-877 for more information.