Check this page often for updates about the coronavirus' impact in the local area. We will add new information as it becomes available.
The following business, community, church and schools events in Louisa County have been scheduled, beginning on May 15. If you know of any reopenings not listed here, please contact us at 540-967-0368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Aug. 3, the Adult Care Center operated by Jefferson Area Board for Aging at the Betty J. Queen Intergenerational Center will reopen. On Sept. 8 the community senior center will reopen.
- The Sargeant Museum in the town of Louisa, home of the Louisa County Historical Society, will reopen on July 13.
- Louisa County Library will provide curbside pickup of books and other lending materials beginning on May 26 (Tuesday). The service will be Tuesdays through Saturdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Call (540) 894-5853 for more information.
- Access to Town Hall in the Town of Mineral, including the DMV Select service, has been restored.
- Access to Louisa Town Hall will be restored on July 1.
Hair salons and barber shops
- Mineral Barber Shop is open; call 894-8466 to make an appointment.
- His and Hers in the town of Louisa will reopen on June 1.
- Sherry's Snip and Style in the town of Mineral is open; call 894-0730 to make an appointment.
Restaurants (outdoor dining only)
- Tim's at Lake Anna expects to resume indoor dining (50% of capacity) on June 5.
- Court Square Cafe and Pub will reopen on May 15.
- Lake Anna Taphouse will reopen on May 15.
- Coyote Hole Ciderworks will reopen on May 15.
See also the Facebook group Louisa Bars & Restaurants or go to the Louisa County Chamber of Commerce's #SupportLouisa page or suplou.com for more information about what services Louisa eateries are offering.
CANCELLATIONS & SCHEDULE CHANGES
The following community, church and schools events in Louisa County have been canceled. If you know of any cancellations not listed here, please contact us at 540-967-0368 or email email@example.com.
**Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation District office is closed until further notice.**
Lake Anna Civic Association has postponed its annual meeting at North Anna Nuclear Information Center until further notice.
**The RuralLove thrift shop on Mica Road is closed until further notice.**
**See the Facebook public group Louisa, Virginia Connections for Mutual Aid for ideas on how you can help your community during this time.**
**Adult Community Education is closed until further notice**
**Louisa Little League has cancelled events for now**
**The Louisa Alzheimers Support Group meetings and activities are cancelled until further notice. Contact Jane Unbehagen, Group Facilitator at 540-872-2394 with questions.**
**Louisa Moose Lodge #2065 is closed until further notice.**
**Louisa County Historical Society events are canceled until further notice. Free Family Day and other activities are being conducted via Zoom. Check louisahistory.org for more details**
**St. Jude Fish Fry Fridays canceled until further notice**
Many churches have canceled in-person worship services, but now offer online substitutes on YouTube, Facebook and other media.
**All University of Virginia and most Piedmont Virginia Community College classes have been moved online**
**If you know of any cancellations not listed here, please contact us at 540-967-0368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisa County Resource Council information:
Effective Monday, March 16, food distribution shifted to a drive-through pick-up model that allows clients to stay in their vehicles and limits exposure to staff and volunteers. Homebound deliveries will be made as needed in accordance with Louisa County’s Emergency Operations Plan.
LCRC is coordinating with Louisa County Public Schools to ensure that schoolchildren have enough to eat to avoid hunger during the extended break. Free breakfast and lunch will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Thomas Jefferson, Jouett and Trevilians elementary schools. Free for all children two to 18 years old and special needs students up to age 21.
In addition, any Louisa County family who requires assistance feeding their school-age child may come to LCRC located at 147 Resource Lane, Louisa, VA, to receive a weekly allotment of child-friendly food starting Monday, March 16 at 9:00 am. Note LCRC hours have changed as of March 23. They are now open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will be closed Mondays and Wednesdays except April 1.
Caring Connections, LCRC’s program for home-bound seniors, and its Dental Voucher program will continue with modifications. The Community Closet is temporarily closed and not currently receiving donations of clothes or household items.
Financial assistance is preferred at this time over food donations. Donations can be made on line at www.louisaresource.org or mailed to P.O. Box 52, Louisa, VA 23093.
To find out the current status of the coronavirus, we recommend checking the following sources for accurate and timely information.