You are the owner of this page.

About Us

Serving Louisa County and Lake Anna, The Central Virginian is an award-winning member of the Virginia Press Association.

The Louisa News and Farmer was established in 1879 by James E. Bibb, who changed the name to the Louisa County News in 1891. In 1903, Bibb sold the paper to R.W. Crawford, who changed the name to The Louisa Enterprise. The next year, M.B Quisenberry and Dr. James Boxley founded The Mineral Mirror, which was merged into the Enterprise in 1908.

Five years later, in 1913, the Enterprise was purchased and merged into The Central Virginian, which had begun the year before, on November 17, 1912. Over the years, The Central Virginian has chronicled the people of the county and promoted their efforts. The CV, as it is known, covers all aspects of life in the Louisa and Lake Anna area, covering everything from city and county government to school news, sports, business development, and more.

Upcoming Events

Featured Businesses

Newsletters

Preserving the US Postal Service